I’m working on a english question and need support to help me study.
Relationship Interview Form
1. Describe a past, close relationship with someone of the opposite sex that has since ended.
2. Chapter one of the Looking Out, Looking In textbook provides information about the characteristics of interpersonal relationships: uniqueness, irreplaceability, interdependence, disclosure, intrinsic rewards and scarcity. Talk about how those characteristics were present or absent in this relationship. Give examples.
3. Would you rate the self-concept of the other person in this relationship as high or low? Did that have an impact on this relationship?
4. Did you know much about your partner’s family of origin? Did his/her experiences with them influence your relationship negatively or positively? Give examples.
5. In what way did this person’s values differ from yours? In what ways were they the same? Did this affect the relationship negatively?
6. Chapter three in Parrott’s book addresses gender issues in relationships. Review these with your interviewee, talk about how gender differences, both good, and bad, were apparent in this relationship.
7. Have your interviewee talk about any cultural/social/spiritual differences in his/her relationship that were apparent and/or caused any difficulties in the relationship.
8. In Chapter six of Parrott’s book, they talk about six ways to be smart in our love relationship decisions. Go over these six ways with your interviewee and discuss how these played out in this past relationship.
9. Chapter eight of Parrott’s book talks about breaking up and ways to cope effectively with the break up. Talk to your interviewee about the end of his/her relationship—how the decision was made and how he or she coped with the loss afterwards.