I’m working on a writing project and need support to help me understand better.
- Answer this question … How does our First Amendment Rights (free press/speech, freedom of religion, freedom to protest, and freedom to petition the government) in the United States compliment, encourage and cultivate (build) and benefits and ALSO (the flip side!) hinders, blocks, discourage democracy?
- Do NOT fill up space by writing out the words to the First Amendment Rights (I know what they are!).
- Write (type) a one page essay (single-spaced) answering the question above. You do NOT have to follow MLA standards. Simply answer the question!
- BUT … when write your essay, you must include vocabulary, terms, names and concepts FOUND in our chapters. See an example list below! This will show me that you learned these words, terms, names and concepts!
- You can also include a current event (within this past year or two or three!) to support your thoughts or give examples to support your words.
- So again … one page essay (single-spaced), must be typed (which is easy for me to read).
- Check your spelling and grammar. I would like this paper to be near perfect! Even have friends and family members proofread it for you, to check for errors!
- Let me know if you have ANY questions! I’m here to help!
Below are some vocabulary, terms, concepts and names (examples) you can incorporate into your Final Essay. This is just a “starter kit” .. because there are hundreds more found in Chapters 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 17!
Vocabulary, Terms, Concepts:
- Mass Communication
- Social Media
- Media Literacy
- Inform, Enlighten, Persuade, Amuse (Entertain)
- Marketplace of Ideas
- Moral Concensus
- Media Ubiquity
- Investigative Reporting
- Pentagon Papers
- Rupert Murdoch
- William Randolph Hearst
- Yellow Journalism
- Code of Ethics
- Social Responsiblity
- Situational Ethics
- Potter’s box
- Selective Editing
- Staging News
Okay … so above are just SOME of the vocabulary, terms, concepts, even people, that you’ve read about in our chapters. There are hundreds MORE words in Chapters 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 17 that we’ve read through!
I want to see some (many) of those chapter words, terms, concepts, names – used in your one page essay, which will let me know that you understand what they mean, in applying it to answering the essay question!
Good luck and have fun researching and writing your final paper!
Again, let me know if you have any questions about this final assignment!