I’m working on a management report and need guidance to help me learn.
Inthis assignment, you are to critically read and evaluate a scholarlyarticle’s strengths, weaknesses, and contributions to the study field.Learning how to critique a journal article has several benefits,including preparing you for publishing in the future and keeping youcurrent on the literature in your field of study. The practicalapplication is developing the ability to look at research within yourorganization and industry with a knowledgeable, critical eye.
TheUniversity of the Cumberlands (UC) Library subscribes to many journalsand provides you access to appropriate collections to support thisassignment. Using the UC Library, locate and review the followingpeer-reviewed articles:
Lim, L. G., Tuli, K. R., & Grewal, R. (2020). Customer satisfaction and its impact on the future costs of selling. Journal of Marketing, 84(4), 23-44.
Melumad, S., & Meyer, R. (2020). Full Disclosure: How Smartphones Enhance Consumer Self-Disclosure. Journal of Marketing, 84(3), 28-45.
Wies,S., Hoffmann, A. O. I., Aspara, J., & Pennings, J. M. (2019). Canadvertising investments counter the negative impact of shareholdercomplaints on firm value?. Journal of Marketing, 83(4), 58-80.
Liu,Y., Shankar, V., & Yun, W. (2017). Crisis management strategies andthe long-term effects of product recalls on firm value. Journal of Marketing, 81(5), 30-48.
Bleier, A., Harmeling, C. M., & Palmatier, R. W. (2019). Creating effective online customer experiences. Journal of marketing, 83(2), 98-119.
Followingyour review, choose one article from this list; critically evaluate thearticle’s strengths, weaknesses, and contribution to the study fieldusing the outline below as a guide:
- The cover page will include:
- Articles Title and Author (s)
- Name of Journal (s)
- Date of publication
- Your name
- Summarize the significant aspects of the entire article, including:
- The overall purpose and general area of study of the article.
- The specific problem being addressed in the study.
- The main findings of the article.
- Briefly summarize the overall themes presented in the Literature Review.
- Was the literature review applicable to the study, current and thorough?
- Were there gaps in the literature review?
- Identifythe methodology used: qualitative, quantitative, mixed? Was the chosenmethodology appropriate for the study? Why or why not?
- Did the data analysis prove or disprove the research questions? Explain.
- In this section, you will address the following:
- Describe the article’s relevance to the field of knowledge.
- Outline the strengths and weaknesses of the article. Be specific.
- Based on the article, what future research do you think needs to be accomplished in this area?
- What are your key points and takeaways after analyzing the article?
ProperAPA in-text citation must be used. The review is to be word-processeddouble spaced, not less than two pages, and no more than five pages inlength. Paper length does not include the cover page, abstract, orreferences page(s).