I’m working on a information technology question and need guidance to help me study.
- 3-2 Jupyter Notebook (Discussion Prep)External Learning ToolThis activity will take you to the Jupyter Notebook containing the Python scripts for your Module Three discussion. It is highly recommended that you read through the discussion prompt before completing your work in this notebook. When you are finished completing and running the Python scripts, begin work on your initial discussion post.Note: This task is not graded, but you will be required to attach your completed Jupyter notebook to your discussion post in the next activity.
- 3-3 Discussion: Confidence Intervals and Hypothesis TestingDiscussion Topic
Starts May 15, 2021 10:59 PM
Use the link in the Jupyter Notebook activity to access your Python script. Once you have made your calculations, complete this discussion. The script will output answers to the questions given below. You must attach your Python script output as an HTML file and respond to the questions below.In this discussion, you will apply the statistical concepts and techniques covered in this week’s reading to calculate a confidence interval and perform hypothesis testing for a manufacturing process.The manufacturing process at a factory produces ball bearings that are sold to automotive manufacturers. The factory wants to estimate the average diameter of a ball bearing that is in demand to ensure that it is manufactured within the specifications. Suppose they plan to collect a sample of 50 ball bearings and measure their diameters to construct a 90% and 99% confidence interval for the average diameter of ball bearings produced from this manufacturing process.The sample of size 50 was generated using Python’s numpy module. This data set will be unique to you, and therefore your answers will be unique as well. Run Step 1 in the Python script to generate your unique sample data. Check to make sure your sample data is shown in your attachment.In your initial post, address the following items. Be sure to answer the questions about both confidence intervals and hypothesis testing.
- In the Python script, you calculated the sample data to construct a 90% and 99% confidence interval for the average diameter of ball bearings produced from this manufacturing process. These confidence intervals were created using the Normal distribution based on the assumption that the population standard deviation is known and the sample size is sufficiently large. Report these confidence intervals rounded to two decimal places. See Step 2 in the Python script.
- Interpret both confidence intervals. Make sure to be detailed and precise in your interpretation.
It has been claimed from previous studies that the average diameter of ball bearings from this manufacturing process is 2.30 cm. Based on the sample of 50 that you collected, is there evidence to suggest that the average diameter is greater than 2.30 cm? Perform a hypothesis test for the population mean at alpha = 0.01.In your initial post, address the following items:
- Define the null and alternative hypothesis for this test in mathematical terms and in words.
- Report the level of significance.
- Include the test statistic and the P-value. See Step 3 in the Python script. (Note that Python methods return two tailed P-values. You must report the correct P-value based on the alternative hypothesis.)
- Provide your conclusion and interpretation of the results. Should the null hypothesis be rejected? Why or why not?
In your follow-up posts to other students, review your peers’ calculations and provide some analysis and interpretation:
- How do their confidence intervals compare with yours?
- If the population standard deviation is unknown and the sample size is not sufficiently large, would you still use the Normal distribution to calculate these confidence intervals, or would you choose another distribution? If the latter, which distribution would you choose?
Remember to attach your Python output and respond to all questions in your initial and follow-up posts. Be sure to clearly communicate your ideas using appropriate terminology. Finally, be sure to review the Discussion Rubric to understand how you will be graded on this assignment.