I’m working on a writing question and need support to help me understand better.
Consider the following questions. Write your responses to the questions in your document. Be sure to elaborate appropriately so that you complete an assignment of sufficient length and depth.
Directions: **Chapter 3 Fashion System** from textbook Fashion History: A global View ISBN-10:1474254764 (e-book) or 1474254764 (paperback) publishing 2018
Consider cultural influences in trends and fashions that you are familiar with. There is a list below that presents some items you may want to consider, but you are free to pick something else you think of as well.
You are to select a contemporary item of dress, adornment or accessory from this culture or another culture or subculture. You will need to have an electronic image(s) of the item in your report. Describe the item and its function as dress in today’s cultural environment. Include a MINIMUM of 3 references and cite them using an acceptable, consistent style used for the course – APA 7th ed. Discuss the following questions in your assignment
- What is the origin of the item/trend of dress? Is it historical,social, psychological, cultural, other, or a combination of two (2) or more? Some discussion points to keep in mind would be; what decade did the trend/item first appear? What country? Etc.
- What sort of function does the item/trend of dress have for its wearers: is it identification, art, tradition, function, a combination,
etc.? Some discussion points to keep in mind would be; is it worn for
ceremonies? For dressy occasions or can it be worn everyday? Etc.
- Is the item/trend meaningful to all people in the culture or subculture, or to a selective group within the culture or subculture?
- What meanings are associated with the items – by the wearer and also interpreted by observers?
- Overall, WHY do people who wear or use the item, wear and use the item?
Be sure to consult the grading rubric for evaluation criteria as you complete this assignment.
The list (below) presents some items/trends you may want to consider from various cultures. Try searching online using key terms mixed with decades or regions or people, etc. (example: “Jackie Kennedy and style and 1960s” or “jackets and England and 1960s” or “wedding rings and America and 1980s” – DO NOT use these examples for your paper, you will receive a 0 if you do). Think about seasons or decades as well and how that can affect items or trends. There
Different types of ______ for men or women – or both:
Men’s suits (casual or business)
Women’s business outfits
Dominant styles of subcultures (punk/mod/jock/etc) Various types of body art/adornment