I’m working on a business question and need guidance to help me understand better.
You are required to provide a thread in response to the provided prompt for each forum. Each thread must be at least 300 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge with at least 3 references properly cited in current Bluebook format. Primary sources must be used whenever possible and appropriately supplemented with high quality secondary sources. The supporting sources must be course textbooks or found using the LexisNexis Academic search engine which is available as part of the Liberty University Online Library.
What are the requirements for a work to be copyrighted? Explain each requirement in full, including the federal statutes involved and any case law discussed in the text.
Based on that, would the following be copyrightable?
- The lyrics to the hymn “Amazing Grace”
- The dance steps to the hit song “YMCA”
- The slogan for Nike, “Just do it.”
- An app that you download to your smartphone or tablet
- The United States Code, in print form
- A blueprint design to a new building
- An idea for a new movie
Does copyright protection afforded under federal law comport with biblical principles? Why or why not?