I’m working on a nursing discussion question and need a sample draft to help me understand better.
Instructions: Response should add to the discussion. For example, a probing question, further support with scholarly references, or respectful disagreement with scholarly references. Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
- Phenomenological research:
- The point of Phenomenological Research is qualitative research that studies lived experiences from a group of people or community. “Typically, interviews are conducted with a group of individuals who have first-hand knowledge of an event, situation or experience. The interview(s) attempts to answer two broad questions (Moustakas, 1994): What have you experienced in terms of the phenomenon? What contexts or situation have typically influenced your experiences of the phenomenon (Creswell, 2013)? Other forms of data such as documents, observations and art may also be used. (Chambers, 2013) This displays the how phenomenological research conducts their research. This means that people with first hand experience can give information on given topic. It is important find individuals that have extensive knowledge about said experience.
- Grounded Theory Research:
- Is a very complex research style that is qualitative but also quantitative. “Grounded theory sets out to discover or construct theory from data, systematically obtained and analyzed using comparative analysis.” (Chun, 2019) This means that this type of research is collected from multiple different places such as purposive sampling, constant comparative analysis, memoing, and generating/collecting data. These are just come of the ways in this complex type of research.
- Ethnographic Research:
- Ethnographic research is conducted by using interviews, observations and documenting data to come to a conclusion. This method can be used in medical research and has been said to have great outcome. “Ethnography is a type of qualitative research that gathers observations, interviews and documentary data to produce detailed and comprehensive accounts of different social phenomena. The use of ethnographic research in medical education has produced a number of insightful accounts into its role, functions and difficulties in the preparation of medical students for clinical practice.” (Reeves, 2013)
Chambers, T., & → V. A. P. B. T. C. (2013, July 11). Phenomenological Research | Qualitative Research in Corporate Communication. Qualitative Research in Corporate Communication. https://blogs.baruch.cuny.edu/com9640epstein/?p=543 (Links to an external site.)
Chun Tie, Y., Birks, M., & Francis, K. (2019). Grounded theory research: A design framework for novice researchers. SAGE open medicine, 7, 2050312118822927. https://doi.org/10.1177/2050312118822927 (Links to an external site.)
Reeves, S., Peller, J., Goldman, J., & Kitto, S. (2013, June 23). Citations: Ethnography in qualitative educational research: AMEE Guide No. 80. Taylor Francis Online. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/citedby/10.3109/01…