I’m working on a writing discussion question and need an explanation to help me understand better.
The patient is a 15 year old female, well known to your office since she was 7 years old. Her mother has brought her to the office today to discuss birth control. The patient is a high functioning Down Syndrome patient.
Answer the following:
- Describe briefly in one paragraph what is the pathophysiology of Down syndrome?
- Identify the common signs and physical attributes of patients with Down Syndrome.
- Evaluate the three pathological risk factors for the inheritance of Down Syndrome.
- What are the ethical implications of this scenario?
- Genes & Gene-Environment Interaction Readings: McCance and Huether: Chapters 4 & 5Genes and Genetics DiseasesGenes, Environment-Lifestyle, and Common Diseases Recommended Reading:McCance: Study Guide Chapters 4 & 5Week 2 ContentGo to Modules on the Course Menu, click, and scroll down to Week 2 content)Discussion Question: Genetic Disorders