I’m working on a computer science question and need an explanation to help me study.
TASK 1 – Problem Set
James Madison wasbrought in as assistant to Computron’s chairman, who had the task of gettingthe company back into a sound financial position. Madison must prepare ananalysis of where the company is now, what it must do to regain its financial health,and what actions to take. Your assignment is to help her answer the followingquestions, using the recent and projected financial information shown next.Provide clear explanations, not yes or no answers.
- Why are ratios useful? Whatthree groups use ratio analysis and for what reasons?
- Calculate the profit margin,operating profit margin, basic earning power (BEP), return on assets(ROA), and return on equity (ROE). What can you say about theseratios?
- Calculate the inventoryturnover, days sales outstanding (DSO), fixed assets turnover, and totalassets turnover. How does Computron’s utilization of assets stack upagainst other firms in its industry?
- Calculate the current andquick ratios based on the projected balance sheet and income statementdata. What can you say about the company’s liquidity position and itstrend?
- Calculate the debt ratio,liabilities-to-assets ratio, times-interest-earned, and EBITDA coverageratios. How does Computron compare with the industry with respect tofinancial leverage? What can you conclude from these ratios?
- Calculate the price/earningsratio and market/book ratio. Do these ratios indicate that investorsare expected to have a high or low opinion of the company?
- Use the extended DuPontequation to provide a summary and overview of Computron’s projectedfinancial condition. What are the firm’s major strengths andweaknesses?
- What are some potentialproblems and limitations of financial ratio analysis?
- What are some qualitativefactors analysts should consider when evaluating a company’s likely futurefinancial performance?
Submit your answers in a Word and/or Excel document.
TASK 2 – Marketing Project Proposal
The group willwrite-up their proposed idea for their International Marketing Plan in a 3 – 5 paged paper that willbe submitted at the end of the day. The purpose of the Proposal to ensurethat the group is on the right path of success to complete theproject. The group will work on their idea and tentativesupplemental pieces for the plan. The final plan will be submitted at the endof the semester.
This tells you someof the parameters you need to meet for the Marketing Plan. The followingare other pieces you need to ensure you include:
- What is the PRODUCT you wishto introduce?
- What are the PRICES you wantto charge and/or the including a discussion of what the profit looks likeyou intend to make
- What PROMOTIONS do you intendto use to get your Marketing message across to your target market?
- What PLACE/DISTRIBUTIONmethods do you intend to use to get your product to the masses?
- Who is the target market?Why?
- What specific methods ofdistribution do you want to use? Do you want to have a storefront?Online presence? Both? Direct Sales?
- Depending on theInternational City/Country you plan to target, why did you pick that areafor that particular product? Why that target market?
- Where do you plan to beheadquartered?
- Everything needs to bespecific and spelled out directly.