I’m working on a humanities discussion question and need guidance to help me understand better.
Take a look and see if this is something you can do. It’s due on Saturday at 8 pm. APA 7th edition with references, no more than 2 paragraphs. Website links below.
There are multiple (literally hundreds) of international anti-trafficking organizations.
Upon successful completion of this discussion, you will be able to:
- Explore international anti-trafficking organizations
- Website: International Labor Organization
- Website: Alliance 8.7
- Website: World Health Organization
- Website: International Justice Mission
- Website search: Alliance 8.7 provides a partners page with multiple organizations you can review
There are multiple organizations that combat human trafficking. Some focus on sex trafficking, some focus on labor trafficking, and some focus on both. The work is most successful when done in collaboration with other like-minded groups and individuals. For this discussion, you will choose an organization to review and share your findings with your peers.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Identify an international anti-trafficking organization to review. You may use one of these sources or choose a different one:
- Navigate to the organization’s website and obtain your information.
- Navigate to the discussion board and respond to the following prompts:
- Name of the organization.
- Type of anti-trafficking work involved in (sex/labor or both).
- Is there a focus on child trafficking? If so, in what capacity?
- Data shared on site – what is it (cite statistics) and is the source(s) of the data identified (do you feel the data is credible)?
- Does this organization work with survivors and if so, in what capacity?
- Is there discussion of issues survivors face and if so, what are they?
- Are human trafficking survivors part of the staff or board of directors?
- Did you experience any kind of emotional impact from reviewing the site, and if so, what?
- Identify one new area of learning. Elaborate on your new learning.
- Feel free to share any additional information you found enlightening.