I’m working on a computer science writing question and need guidance to help me understand better.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 1 and 2 from the course text and review any relevant information from this week’s lecture. Review the instructions below and research at least two additional scholarly sources and a minimum of two credible professional sources to support your statements. (Access the MISM Credible Resource Guide (Links to an external site.) for assistance with finding appropriate credible professional resources. In addition, review the Keywords Are Critical (Links to an external site.) and Database Search Tips tutorials for some basic research guidelines.)
You are the CIO of a publicly traded corporation and the Board of Directors seeks your help in establishing an Audit Committee for their organization that would review its overall controls. Some of these controls will pertain to financial and accounting practices. In addition, the audit committee will address the management of data held and processed by the company. The Board of Directors seeks your guidance on the ethical/appropriate management of the data assets held by the organization. It is regarding these latter issues that the Board of Directors seeks your guidance. For this assignment, you will evaluate the role of audit committees and create guiding principles that will serve as a foundation for protection and management of data.
In a three- to five-page paper, address the following:
- In your own words, provide a definition of an audit committee for a publicly traded corporation.
- Analyze the role of audit committees.
- Explain why an audit committee is an important part of organization’s governance structure.
- Generate three to five guiding principles of a mission statement that will direct the audit committee in making decisions regarding the protection and management of company data.
- Explain how each guiding principle supports the audit committee in its oversight responsibilities.
The Audit Committee paper
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages (900-1500 words) in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources and two credible professional sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.