I’m working on a health & medical discussion question and need an explanation to help me understand better.
There are many types of communication styles used in the workplace. Choose what you think is your leadership style: north, south, east, or west. Click The Leadership Compass Self-Assessment link for details. There are many types of communication styles used in the workplace. Choose what you think is your leadership style: north, south, east, or west. Click The Leadership Compass Self-Assessment link for details.
I picked the west leadership style. Approaches to Work/Workstyle. (from the link below)
- I understand what information is needed to assist in decision-making.
- I am seen as practical, dependable, and thorough in task situations.
- I’m helpful to others by providing planning and resources and come through for the team.
- I move carefully and follow procedures and guidelines.
- I use data analysis and logic to make decisions.
- I weigh all sides of an issue and am balanced.
- I am introspective and self-analytical.
- I am careful and thoroughly examine people’s needs in situations.
- I maximize existing resources and get the most out of what has been done in the past.
- I am skilled at finding fatal flaws in an idea or project.
- My value-oriented word is “objective.”
- Which of the four directions do you believe is your style? West
- What are the strengths of your style? (at least four adjectives)
- What are the limitations of your style? (at least four adjectives)
- Which style do you find the most difficult to work with, and why?
- What do the other directions need to know about you so that you can work effectively together?
Reflect on your leadership style as identified by your results on the leadership compass assessment. After reviewing the lectures and videos think about the 2011 Joplin tornado and the devastation it caused, discuss the following:
2011 Joplin, MO Tornado Disaster Response
Thunder Storms and Tornados are a common occurrence in the central portion of the United States from March to September of any given year. The May 22, 2011 Joplin tornado was a powerful and catastrophic EF5-rated multiple-vortex tornado that struck Joplin, Missouri, United States, on the evening of Sunday, May 22, 2011. It was part of a May tornado outbreak and reached a maximum width of nearly one mile during its path through the southern part of the city. This particular tornado was unusual in that it intensified in strength and grew larger in size at a very fast rate. Overall, the tornado killed 158 people injured 1,150 others and caused damages amounting to a total of $2.8 billion. It was the deadliest tornado to strike the U.S. since 1947 and the seventh-deadliest overall. It also ranked as the costliest single tornado in U.S. history; the insurance payout was nearly $3 Billion Dollars. Included in the damage caused by the tornado was extensive damage caused to St. John’s Regional Medical Center.
As the Chief Operating Officer at the Local Hospital in charge of the disaster response, in which ways would your leadership style be beneficial? In which ways could your leadership style be a detriment? And finally, what ways do you need to develop as a leader to adequately lead a disaster response?
Provide at least three citations/references with one of your references being with your initial post.