I’m working on a communications writing question and need an explanation to help me understand better.
As we begin the course, let’s learn about each other’s interest in political communication and what has drawn you to this class.
describe a political speech that was especially memorable or inspiring to you. You can select anything from MLK’s “I Have a Dream” speech to an acceptance speech from your local mayor. It could also be any of the following:
- contemporary speech that you saw live (or on television)
- historic address
- speech by a major, recognizable political leader
- remarks by a local candidate or official
Even though you are not expected to have a formal background in the field of political communication, you can still think about and identify some of the techniques the speaker used that were effective.
Prior to submitting your post, reflect on the following questions:
- Why did the speech get your attention?
- What was memorable or compelling about the speech?
- Was the speech from personal experience?
- Did the speaker make appeals that were based on core values?