I’m working on a management multi-part question and need an explanation to help me study.
Redman (2019) states that the world is changing quickly, change is hard, and many change efforts fail. A leader must have a good plan in place to navigate through these changes to stay successful. Now you will apply that knowledge to a company scenario, building in an implementation plan into the process so it is actionable. Select one business from the current winners of the Malcolm Baldrige Award Recipients. Assume that you are the new CEO of this business who has goals of expanding your business. You can select one or more from the following list, or develop your own goals:
- Expand nationally or internationally
- Change your business offering(s) or target customers
- Merger or acquisition
- Another goal of your choice
Select a company that you have not used for another assignment (MidwayUSA has already been used). Practicing with more than one company will give you greater insight into how the processes you use may need to be tailored to the company or industry differences.
For this 6- to 8-page APA-compliant paper (not including title and reference pages) respond to the following:
Section 1 – Overview and Goal Description
- Select the company that you will use for this paper. Provide an explanation and rationale for your choice. As there are many categories in the Baldrige site, you may want to explore an industry you know well or look to expand your knowledge by selecting an industry you are unfamiliar with.
- Describe the vision, mission, and values as individual components in the current state of the company. Explain the systems relationship of these elements, and how they are related to help the company achieve success.
- Provide any additional background information to provide additional context.
- Identify the growth goal(s), you as the new CEO, would like to achieve including a rationale for this choice(s).
Section 2 – Mission
- Present research supporting the advantages and disadvantages of changing a company mission statement. Support your content with at least two readings/videos from the unit readings, as well as two other sources that do not need to be scholarly.
- Identify what impact changing a mission statement could have on other company business processes. This should include descriptions for all stakeholders. Support your content with at least two readings/videos from this unit, and at least two other sources you uncover in your research (see note below for use of sources). You may also include any personal examples you have to share, if applicable.
- Conduct research on at least two companies that have changed their missions statement, and:
- Identify the differences between the original mission statement and the revised version. Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages were to changing the mission.
- Review the revised mission statement and discuss if it met the standards set by Burkus.
- Given the research you have conducted, as the new CEO of your company, will you be changing the mission statement? If you will be changing the mission, what process will you be using?
Section 3 – Values
- Values-Based Leadership. In this section, you will be covering the items listed below. Support your content with at least two readings/videos from this unit, and at least two other sources you find in your research (see note below for use of sources). You may also include any personal examples you have to share, if applicable.
- Describe the importance of values-based leadership.
- Discuss how the values can be integral to a company’s profitability and success.
- Identify best practices for cascading company values throughout the organization.
- Discuss the process you completed to create a personal values profile. List the values.
- Based on your research, describe the process you will use to complete the following. You may use both descriptive and graphic representation tools (i.e., flow charts) to present this process. If using a drawing tool, please include a link to your illustration, or attach a file to your post. (If you are unsure how to attach a link or file to your post, contact the help desk.)
- Determine how completely the current values are embedded throughout the organization.
- Gain stakeholder input into how your values can be incorporated into the current values.
- Measure the success of this new values profile on business success.
NOTE: If your research efforts produce scholarly sources that support the research required to complete multiple items, then you will only need to use two sources plus the required readings.
- All papers must be submitted in the current APA format. The Academic Success Center provides good resources and writing tutors for any additional support you will need.
- All elements of the assignment must be covered to receive full credit.