I’m working on a geology question and need guidance to help me learn.
A volcanic glass (like obsidian) is not considered a mineral because ___________.
Question 2 3 pts
The coalescing (coming together) of rocks, dust, other debris that led to the formation of the Earth is called:
Question 33 pts
Water with a high salt content is more dense than water with a low salt content.
Question 43 pts
Rocks that have a lot of SiO2 are usually ______in color and are called _______.
Question 53 pts
As water warms it becomes more dense.
Question 63 pts
The focus of an earthquake is
Question 73 pts
The largest difference between high and low tide occurs …
Question 83 pts
Concern about the greenhouse effect stems from
Question 93 pts
Seismic waves which travel only along the Earth’s exterior
Question 103 pts
What causes the lowering of the water table?
Question 113 pts
Warming ocean temperatures may result in which of the following?
Question 123 pts
Surface collapse in a region of karst topography produces
Question 133 pts
As water evaporates from the oceans…
Question 143 pts
Magnetic Polarity “Stripes” on the sea-floor occur because ________.
Question 153 pts
Magma with the greatest capacity for trapping gases is _______.
Question 163 pts
Question 173 pts
Earthquake-related hazards include all of the following except
Question 183 pts
New Orleans is susceptible to future flooding because…
Question 193 pts
Concerns about greenhouse-effect heating relate not only to possible changes in temperature, but also to possible changes in precipitation patterns.
Question 203 pts
When two continental lithospheric plates converge, what type of plate boundary will result?
Question 213 pts
In 1989 as in 1906, earthquake damage in San Francisco was most severe in areas underlain by fill, as in the Marina district.
Question 223 pts
Which of the following will cause relative sea-level change?
Question 233 pts
A very symmetric volcanic structure built of pyroclastics is a __________.
Question 243 pts
The largest volume of fresh water is stored in which reservoir?
Question 253 pts
A disadvantage of desalination is:
Question 263 pts
The time elapsed between the arrivals of the P- and S-waves at a seismograph is in indication of the
Question 273 pts
Question 283 pts
Porosity is that portion of a geologic material where groundwater can be stored.
Question 293 pts
A greenhouse gas in one that
Question 303 pts
The effects of an earthquake on humans and their structures are measured as the
Question 313 pts
Ocean circulation is driven by _________ and ________.
Question 323 pts
Alfred Wegener’s hypothesis of continental drift was not accepted by the scientific community because:
Question 333 pts
Removal of natural vegetation can result in which of the following?
Question 343 pts
A circular lowering of the water table around a well is
Question 353 pts
An igneous rock that formed as magma cooled below the surface of the Earth is called ________ and will have ________crystals than one that formed as lava cooled above the Earth’s surface.
Question 363 pts
Plate boundaries are located, in part, by the occurrence of linear belts of volcanoes and earthquakes.
Question 373 pts
Which process removes carbon dioxide from the atmosphere?
Question 383 pts
Which is NOT true of permeability?
Question 393 pts
Clastic sedimentary rocks are those that formed from
Question 403 pts
Flood plains result from which of the following?
Question 413 pts
The lowest point that a stream flows to is called _______
Question 423 pts
According to plate-tectonic theory, plates of rigid, elastic __________ move over a weak layer below.
Question 433 pts
Uncertainty in projecting probable greenhouse-effect heating arises from uncertainty about
Question 443 pts
Land subsidence results from an increase in porosity in the geologic materials.
Question 453 pts
What is the Big Bang Theory?
Question 463 pts
Deep in the crust, at elevated temperatures, rocks may behave plastically and undergo folding or flow.
Question 473 pts
What is the name for the drowned edge of a continent?
Question 483 pts
Most stratovolcanoes are located at which plate boundary?
Question 493 pts
Convection in the mantle occurs because____________.
Question 503 pts
A seismic gap is
Question 513 pts
Due in part to the increase in Carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere, global temperatures will continue to increase and our oceans will become more acidic leading to the
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Gold Grades only hire the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Gold Grades are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Gold Grades is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Gold Grades, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.