I’m working on a computer science exercise and need an explanation to help me study.
README files are one way of documenting a development project.READMEs play an especially important role in open-source software, asthey give the reader valuable information about the code you created.There is no standard README format. Much of the format depends on thescope of the software or project, so it’s really up to the developerwhat information should be included or provided. However, there areseveral elements that are part of good README files:
- A description of the purpose of the project
- A demonstration of how it works (its functional operations)
- An identification of the tools used and a rationale for why those tools were chosen
- An explanation of how to reproduce the project
In this assignment, you will explore and implement best practices forcreating README files. This will help prepare you for the README filesthat you will need to create in Projects One and Two.
This assignment provides you with some sample README files to exploreand a README template. After you have reviewed the requireddocumentation for creating a README file, you will learn about andimplement best practices for creating your own README files.
- Explore the following example README files: Zircon, BigFoot Dash App, and Plotly Dash.These READMEs come from a variety of different software projects andhave different strengths and weaknesses. As you read, consider thefollowing:
- How clearly did each README file describe the purpose of their project?
- What information did the README files include about the functionality of their project? What was helpful about this information? What could be improved?
- What information did the README files include about the tools (software and libraries) that they used or how the user could reproduce the project?
Note: You do not need to submit anything related to this step. These are examples to guide your work in the next step.
- After exploring the sample README files, begin creating your ownREADME file for the CRUD Python module that you began creating in theModule Four milestone. Use the README template to get started. You must address each of the following:
- Describe the purpose of the project by completing the About the Project and Motivation sections of the template.
- Demonstrate the project’s functional operations by completing the Usage section. Be sure to include examples of your code and screenshots that show how your module works.
- Document the tools used, identifying each tool and including your rationale for using these tools,by completing the Installation section. “Tools” include any softwareapplications as well as any libraries used to complete your work.
- Create instructions for reproducing the project bycompleting the Getting Started section. Discuss what the user of thisCRUD Python module would need to do to get started. Some points toaddress are:
- Briefly describe the database and user authentication that you set up in the Module Three milestone.
- Briefly describe how you created the C and R portions of your Pythonmodule, any challenges you encountered, and how you overcame them.
Note: In this assignment, you only need to focus on creating a README for the create and read functionality of your CRUD Python module. You will continue developing the update and deletefunctionality as a part of Project One, which is due in Module Five.You will also need to update your README file for that assignment.