I’m working on a psychology writing question and need support to help me learn.
FOLLOW THE BELOW DIRECTIONS EXACTLY TO GET FULL CREDIT
- Choose your character – it must be a fictional character (not a real person) and it must be a character that is fairly well known to people in the class
- Choose whether to work alone or with a partner (we PREFER that you work with a partner on this as it’s just more fun that way and significantly less grading work for the TA’s)
- Choose a developmental theoretical perspective that you want to use to discuss this character’s personality – you will ALSO be using other theories (such as the Big 5 traits) but make sure you are discussing DEVELOPMENT from one of the developmental theory’s perspective
- Write a quick narrative paragraph or two summary of your fictional character – who are they and what book or movie are they from (for those of us who are clueless, lol!) – give us the details of who they are, where did they come from, are they good or bad or both and what role does their character play in the movie/book/etc that they come from/etc. Please do not plagiarize here – write this in your OWN words.
- Next – Generate a picture/word timeline of personality development for this character – stay consistent with your theory and use pictures of the character at different stages to illustrate your points – target at least five key developmental points when the character’s personality was shaped and note what was happening at that time that helped to shape those personality characteristics
- As you create this try to make something that is both colorful and interesting and ALSO informative – so you will be mixing pictures and text – saying things like “here, at age ____ is when _____ first demonstrates signs of ______________when we see ____________ happen to them…”
- It is probably easiest to orient your time line vertically so that it can easily be scrolled through
- Choose a few huge developmental milestones and then make sure that you are clearly staying consistent with your chosen theory to define the personality traits of that character (if you are doing a character who shifts then list the personality characteristics/traits at both the evil and the good stages). Make sure that you cover AT LEAST FIVE developmental periods where the personality may have formed or shifted (and remember to apply your theory)
- Your goal is to create a timeline that shows your character and their personality development FROM A PARTICULAR PERSONALITY THEORY’S PERSPECTIVE