I’m working on a humanities discussion question and need a sample draft to help me understand better.
PART ! In your initial post address the following:
- Identify two (2) facts that you were previously unaware of (and that may have surprised you) as you reviewed the required sections on the Inquality.org (Links to an external site.) website. Explain why these facts were new and/or surprising to you.
- Share your own personal experience(s) and connect it with how you can either relate or not relate to one of the topics presented this week: income inequality, wealth inequality, global inequality, gender inequality, and/or racial economic inequality.
Part 2–Review this website on deforestation and forest degradation (Links to an external site.). Specifically, review these sections on the website:
Here are some additional articles on the topic of deforestation you may wish to explore:
- An Ongoing Environmental Challenge (Links to an external site.)
- New Report Finds Indonesian Forestry Company Cleared Endangered Orangutan Habitat (Links to an external site.)
- Global Forest Loss Increases in 2020 (Links to an external site.)
- Indonesia Leads the World on Reducing Deforestation (Links to an external site.)
- World Old-Growth Tropical Forest Losses Increase 12% in 2020, Data Shows (Links to an external site.)
Consider conducting your own search on deforestation and its impacts on the local and global economy to help you prepare for this assignment.
In a reflective journal, discuss these questions in the format of your choice: you may wish to type your answers directly in the text box provided and number each answer. You may wish to provide more visuals through a PowerPoint with images and text. You may prefer the standard Word document. Or, you might prefer submitting your answers in an audio recording.
- How does deforestation impact the local and global economy?
- Share at least one example for the local economy and at least one example for the global economy.
- What are your recommendations (at least two) to minimize the (negative) local and/or global impact related to deforestation?
- Specifically, address how your recommendations will improve the local and/or global economy.
- Support your recommendations with evidence, where applicable.