Organizational structure changes the way that communication and decision-making flow within organizations. Some structures have top-down decision making, while other structures have more centralized decision making. Teamwork has increased over the past few decades allowing for more open communication. Organizational hierarchy influences how information is disseminated and who is involved in the company’s future strategies. How many steps are needed to be taken to order a pencil? This answer can be an indicator of hierarchy within the organization
- Take the Horizontal or Vertical Manager Quiz in Session 4 content area.
- Evaluate how organizational structure contributes to a managers autonomy, accountability, and the organizations culture.
- Post a summary of your quiz results and how it reflects managing in different structures.
- Provide an analysis of the skills managers need in each level of management within the organization.
- Explain how the management role varies based on the size of a company.
- Support your work with at least one scholarly source and with information from this sessions readings.
- Finally, reply to 3-4 other learners showing an understanding of the content, expanding on the topics, and extending the conversation with your research.