I’m working on a finance writing question and need a sample draft to help me study.
1. What are the two questions (discussed in the synchronous class sessions) that a fixed income portfolio manager needs to address when managing an active portfolio?
2. Explain how the link between price (P) and intrinsic value (V) are viewed by proponents of the Efficient Market Hypothesis and by those who are not proponents.
3. Explain how you would use the Security Market Line (SML) to discern the breadth of a portfolios individual stock winners vs. losers.
4. Explain how the positive earnings announcement price drift (or Surprise Unexpected Earning (SUE)) works. How would you use SUE in this Spring 2021 earning reporting season if you were a hedge fund manager?
5. Explain how asset bubbles may (or may not) support the efficient market hypothesis.
6.What are the five anomalies that we discussed in the synchronous class session? Which three of the five help to explain the synchronous session discussion(s) of the best performing style-capitalization equity returns over longer periods of time?
(I put the textbook and PowerPoints about the course below.)