Before you even attempt to write your literary analysis essay I need to approve your essay topic. Therefore, you will wrtite a 250 proposal that explains what you want to write about in reference the the novel Home by Toni Morrison.
Your proposal must:
- be in MLA style
- be at least 1 page long (250 words)
- explain the issue or theme within the novel Home that your essay will focus on
- explain the approach (i.e. scene(s), character(s), or conflicts in the novel Home you will explore)
- include one scholarly article cited in the text and at the end in the Works Cited page
- briefly explain how the article you found will help you explore your theme more in depth (e.g. Smith’s article explains that adolescent males tend to take more risk and see the word in an idealistic way. Smith’s insights may help explain why Fonny in If Beal Street Could Talk decides to go to Harlem and why he ends up in jail for a crime he did not commit).
You will end the proposal with your tentative thesis statement/main argument you want to prove in your essay.
Please see the sample proposal below