Hi, this is a project due soon for my Intercultural Communications class. I chose to do Khmer Culture from Cambodia for my project! Here are the instructions:
- To encourage you to become familiar with a specific culture other than your own as you summarize its unique customs, people, lifestyles and nation information.
- To help you develop a sensitivity toward the people of the culture you choose to study, enabling you to communicate better with people from that culture
Procedure: Research Cambodia and its culture. To obtain information you can include checking the embassy of the country as well as other computer-aided research and library research. Your presentation should include the following 4 topic areas:
- Customs and Courtesies : Including greetings, gestures, personal appearance, eating, and communicating .
- The People: Including attitudes and values, population, language, religion, holidays/celebrations
- Lifestyle: Including family, courtship and marriage, social level, work, and recreation.
- The Nation: Including brief history and government, education, climate, location on map and economy.
Please write a speech covering all of these topics for me that is no longer than 3 pages. Please cite sources used (excluding wikipedia) for information using MLA format.