- An important goal of sentencing guidelines was to eliminate unwarranted disparity in sentencing. Given this, how would you explain the fact that research reveals that both the offender’s race/ethnicity and the offender’s sex influence sentences imposed under state and federal sentencing guidelines?
- Karen Luskin has argued that part of the reason women receive psychiatric treatment disproportionately to men in the criminal justice system has to do with perceptions of dangerousness. What does she mean by this? Your reply should include specific information from course materials to support your claims.
- Include a question that you had about the readings. Your question should be open-ended, asked in a manner that promotes discussion, and gives explanation for why you are asking the question.
- Draw from the readings and other course content to answer each question, reflecting on the prompt. To be clear, each response must include a citation to support opinions, ideas, and claims.
- Each response to the prompt should be 150-200 words, answer all parts of the prompt, and use proper APA citation style. Review APA In-Text and reference citations here: